PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU VOLUNTEER OR WHICH CORNUEX MAY AUTOMATICALLY GATHER AND COLLECT FROM YOU
- We will require certain Personal Information in order for us to open a CornuEx account for You and to enable You to safely and securely operate Your CornuEx account.
- In addition to the above, We are obligated in terms of various legislation and regulations to collect certain Personal Information from You, and the information that We collect from You, not required by legislation, is collected to ensure that We can render Our services to You in an efficient and effected manner.
We may collect the following Personal Information if You make use of the CornuEx Website, open a CornuEx account or trade on the platform:
- Your name and surname;
- Your physical address;
- Your E-mail address;
- Your phone number;
- Your banking details (Including bank, branch code and account number);
- Supporting documentation for the above information;
- Any other documentation CornuEx deems necessary for the proper and effective delivery of Its products and services.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect Your Personal Information in any or all of the following ways:
- Your use of the Website and Platform;
- When Your register for a CornuEx account;
- When You transact on the Platform;
- Any communication between You and Us, including but not limited to letters, e-mails and telephone recordings;
- We may record phone calls for quality and security purposes;
- From third parties including but not limited to: credit bureaus/agencies, regulatory and enforcement agencies and other statutory bodies that stores Your Personal Information; and
- From any other source(s) that has the legal authority to disclose Your Personal Information or to whom You have given permission to share or disclose Your Personal Information.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION
We may use Your Personal Information for any or all of the following purposes:
- To open, verify and manage Your CornuEx account;
- To enable You to transact on the platform;
- For communication between Yourself and CornuEx;
- For statistical and analytical purposes in order to improve Our current products and services and to identify the need for new additional products and services, if any;
- Update Our records with Your information;
- Internal record keeping;
- Conducting promotions and competitions;
- Market research;
- For any other statistical and/or analytical purpose;
- In order for CornuEx to comply with legislative and regulatory requirements;
- Any complaint or dispute resolution;
- To provide any updates in terms of contents on the Website or platform;
- For audit, risk management and compliance purposes;
- For Know-Your-Client and Anti-Money-Laundering purposes;
- For any other purpose legally permitted.
- We may contact You by e-mail, phone, fax or mail or any other means for any purpose set out in this section. We shall continue to contact You by way of such methods until You advise us in writing that You no longer wish to be contacted by certain methods.
- It remains Your choice whether or not You provide certain Personal Information to CornuEx, however, by not providing certain essential Personal Information Your access to the website, platform, products and services may be restricted or completely denied.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
- When You become a registered user of CornuEx, You are able to change and update Your registered profile at any time, subject to appropriate verification to avoid fraud, inaccuracy or unauthorised altering of Your Personal Information. Should You require assistance with updating your account or removing your details form the site, this can be done by forwarding an email to us.
- You may also request Us to remove, destroy or delete any Personal Information, unless CornuEx is prohibited from doing so by any law or regulation. You will receive feedback regarding Your request within 14 days or as soon as possible thereafter.
INTERNET PROTOCOL ("IP")
- An IP address is a unique number that is automatically assigned to Your computer whenever You're surfing the World Wide Web so that Your computer and/or mobile devices can be identified by the Web servers that provide the Web Page. We may therefore collect Your IP address, where available.
- Cookies make Web-surfing easier for You by saving Your preferences so that We can use the saved information to facilitate Your use of Our Website when You return to the site.
- We are committed to ensuring that Your information is secure as required by law. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of this information We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information We collect from Your interaction with the Website.
- We use encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data such as credit card information.
- Our security measures are subject to review, from time to time, to ensure the effectiveness thereof.
- We, however, do not guarantee that unauthorised access to Your Personal Information or the loss, modification, disclosure or other forms of processing of Your Personal Information will not occur.
- We may link You to other Websites which are not within Our control. Once You have left Our Website, We cannot guarantee the content and cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which You provide. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to any linked Website.
- We would like to provide You with information about new products, promotions, special offers and other information which We think You may find interesting. We may send any such information by e-mail, post, fax, mail or telephone or by any other electronic means where You have opted to receive such marketing material and have indicated to us how You wish to receive such marketing material when You registered for Our services. You may opt-out of Our direct marketing campaigns at any time, at which point We will not send You any direct marketing.
- Should You be provided with services from any of the various service providers You will also be subject to the terms and conditions of the services and/or product and these terms will include additional information as to how We may contact You.
- If You are a new customer or have previously requested information or e-mail any enquiries on any of Our products, We may send You information on Our range of services and/or products by e-mail until such a time as You provide a written request that You no longer wish to receive such information.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not transfer, disclose, sell or distribute Your Personal Information to third parties other than:
- Where We have Your permission;
- Our employees, agents, representatives or other third parties rendering services to You or Us, only to the extent necessary for them to properly and effectively render/perform the duties and/or service.
- Where We are obligated to do so by Court order or similar instrument/document;
- Where We are required to do so by law and/or regulation;
- Where it is needed by the service providers, affiliates, agents, advisors or others that exhibit services and/or products on the Website for You or in any ancillary activities linked to such services.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We will retain Your Personal Information for a period of 5 (Five) years from the date Your CornuEx account is closed/terminated, regardless of the reason for such closure/termination.
- CornuEx Welcomes ideas and feedback about all aspects of this Website. The feedback will be used to refine the service and may be shared with partners, affiliates and service providers either in aggregate form or with specific identifying characteristics removed.
- In some instances You may provide comments to Us regarding Our services. These comments may be displayed on Our Website to other users, if You do not wish Your comments to be displayed please email us and shall remove Your comment.